Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday Reads: Throne of Glass


Reading this Friday:
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy

By: Sarah J Maas, about whom more can be found here.  Debut novel.

What's it about?  What if the pretty princess was an assassin, and the big event was a competition to be King's Champion instead of a ball?  But you still kept romance and intrigue in the mix and threw in some mystery and magic for good measure?

Why did I pick it? I've been an avid reader of the blog PublishingCrawl ever since before it was PubCrawl and was Let the Words Flow.  Sarah has been a regular contributor and I've loved her story of how Throne of Glass evolved from being a FictionPress story to a published book.

Who will like it?  I won't say you  have to like fantasy to like this book, but if you are a fantasy fan, this is a great pick.  It also helps if you like strong but complicated heroines and love interests with some depth.

Judging a book by its cover: Can you for this book?  I love the nearly etched look of the Glass Castle in the background, but have to confess--Celaena wears way better clothes in the book than she does on its cover.

What are you reading heading into the weekend?

More on Friday Reads here

2 comments:

  1. I read about this book on another blog too. I love the story behind it, and the story itself sounds great. I'll have to add it to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh! My TBR list keeps growing and growing! I'm currently reading Artermis Fowl (which was a bestseller in children's fiction and which I've only got round to reading now.) It's a fast read and quite funny :)

    ReplyDelete