Monday, September 30, 2013

NaNoWarmUp--I Joined, How About You?

Confession: I've never NaNo'd.  I'm not a very quick writer.  Now, I'm not slow, really--I'm not the tortoise here.  I'm just not a hare, either.  I guess maybe I'm a camel.  Or some other animal that makes decent but not terribly sprint-y time.  (Hint: the WIP involves camels. Hence why "camel" comes to mind here.)

Which is why NaNoWarmUp sounded like a brilliant idea to me.  Instead of 50K words in a month, you aim for 25K.  That, to me, is a hefty but attainable goal.  (Especially with the baby underfoot.)  It works out to about 800 words a day--that's my usual steaming through at a good pace writing.

It also helps that I have a project that needs, nearly exactly, another 20-30K or so words.  If all goes well, I'll finish this puppy up, accomplish the NaNoWarmUp goal, and meet some new friends all in the same process.  Love it when you can multitask!

If this sounds like fun to you, pop on over to nanowarmup.blogspot.com and read up on the idea, or follow #NaNoWarmUp on Twitter.  There's still time to join--the challenge begins Oct. 1.

And I'm ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment