Monday, October 14, 2013

NaNoWarmUp Halfway Point

The month is close to half over (where did the time go!), so the big question is--how is this on-the-clock writing experiment working out for me?

Not bad, as it turns out!


The first week I shot out of the gate and surpassed my goals.  That. Was. Awesome.  Everyone talks about how keeping tabs on your word count goals and progress makes you accountable to yourself--in a sort of "Tsk, tsk, Self, you didn't hit your goal yesterday.  Back to the grindstone, now, Self.  Get crackin'."  But I feel like the awesomeness of seeing yourself meet and even surpass your goals isn't talked about enough.  It's a great feeling.  I think I may start keeping a spreadsheet just to see those tallies, because it's inspiration enough to come back tomorrow when you reflect on how well today went.

The second week--not as great.  I had my excuses.  One big one.  It was this little imp's first birthday party:

Photo by Sweetest Impressions, Heidi Hauck

and that kind of took over my life for the better part of the week.  Baking, cleaning, making a ridiculously froofy outfit for her to wear...

Now I'm looking at the start of week three, and it's time to get back on the writing wagon--I have a spreadsheet, darn it, and I want to see it fill up!

1 comment:

  1. A first birthday is a completely legitimate excuse =P I love that picture by the way, too precious!

    And good luck on the second half of NaNoWarmUp!

    ReplyDelete