Thursday, October 23, 2014

Lovely Blog

The ever-lovely June tagged me for a blog award, and since I think it's fun to play linkies and and fun to play along (and finally have time after a busy fortnight of revising), here I am ! 

Rules:
  1. Share 7 Lovely Facts about myself
  2. Link to 15 blogs (or as many as possible) that I enjoy reading
  3. Nominate the authors of those 15 blogs to participate and do the samelinking back to the original Lovely blog.  June's original Lovely post was here.

Facts:
  1. My favorite outfit is well over two centuries out of fashion: 
  2. I have a cat named Sophie Biscuit.  She was originally  just "Sophie" but she was--and still is--so cute yet addlepated that called her Biscuit as a nickname, because she's just an adorable little morsel but she's still kind of doughy in the middle.  She once climbed our Christmas tree:
  3. My house was built in 1872, and then renovated in 1890 because clearly it was so out of date.  The resulting mash-up is pretty awesome. 
  4. I love swing dancing (and the music and clothes from the swing era, too), and used to take lessons and go to dance meetups practically religiously.  Unfortunately, there's less time for going to dances with a toddler, but my husband and I have developed our signature "Lindy with a Little" style:
  5. I'm a Navy wife--my husband is an officer in the Naval Reserves.  Downside: I'm home alone a lot.  Upside: I let myself have Chinese takeout when I'm home alone and the place in town makes the best eggrolls.  Also, Navy Ball (years ago!): 
  6. I love being outdoors; hiking is my favorite.  This is from a trip to Seattle and the surrounding area, which is on my list for most gorgeous places I've visited, and is pretty much my face every time I'm in a really beautiful natural place:
  7. I'm on a lifelong mission to perfect my piecrust.  My favorite pie recipes are mincemeat and dried cherry--both very old-fashioned but delicious.

In looking over other blogs I read, it looks like lots of them have already been tagged!  So...if you've been tagged but you haven't posted, consider this encouragement!  And if you haven't been tagged but you want to be, I'll do it!  I'll make you a deal--any of my friends who has done this post, leave me a link to it it the comments and I'll link you up.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! :)

    BTW, I love old houses, and yours is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW did I miss this blog post!!!?!?!?!

    Anyway, thanks for sharing. I had no idea you were a navy wife! That's pretty cool. And I need to learn how to make pies....

    ReplyDelete