Friday, January 30, 2015

Things With Which I Am Currently, Shamelessly Obsessed

1) Strid by the Oslo Kammerkor.  It's choral music.  In Norwegian.  That combines folk songs with liturgical music. And it is so much awesome I can't even handle it.

I realize I'm nutterbutters for my love of choral music, but if you're even a little curious, give it a listen and be inspired.  And wish you could speak Norwegian.  This one is admittedly on the odder side, with a traditional shepherding call leading it out:



2) Vintage Travel Posters.  I love film posters, but they're so intimidating.  How do you choose a film poster for, say, a guest room? That's appealing and unique but not pushy in your taste palette?  Enter travel posters, which just feel so much less commital.  They don't declare "I LOVE 1950s scifi schtick starring John Agar, like The Mole People!" the way my living room does.

3) John Agar.  Journey to the Seventh Planet.  Revenge of the Creature from the Black Lagoon.  I'm only half-kidding in my love of Agar, and the rest being actual, pure, unadulterated enjoyment of wacky sci-fi and the actors who made it possible.

4) This Flourless Chocolate Cake.  With--wait for it--This Blackberry Balsamic Sauce.  I'm, um, just practicing for Valentine's Day.

5) Being jealous of the Northeast for getting The Snow. I want The Snow.  We just have piddly leftover snow and it's...sad.

All right--exciting, embarrassing, or otherwise noteworthy obsessions of late! Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment